Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Patience = Virtue

One thing I've learned about life in Haiti is that patience is key. So often there will be plans, but things change, or you need to get somewhere, but that's never a fast process. Today Lindsay and I went to the grocery store with Dorothy, the lady that runs the home. She drove and the grocery store really isn't that far away, but it probably took us 30 minutes to get there just because traffic was backed up, and a truck with all return glass pop bottles lost a bunch and there was broken glass all over the middle of the road.
The Lord has been teaching me to have patience and through that rely on Him and His plans. I don't need to make my own plans, I need to surrender myself to Him each and every day. I need to let Him take control of my life and guide me to where He needs me each and every day.
Colossians 3:12 "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience."

-Allison


ps. it hasn't been working to upload pictures to the blog or to facebook, but we will keep trying

2 comments:

  1. Hey Allison! It is absolutely wonderful to hear that you are LEARNING and that God is already teaching you. Write down those lessons and remember the things that God teaches you. AH I am so excited for you and I just already can't wait to hug you when you get back!
    Many prayers and hugs,
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Allison!
    "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord,and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:
    He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;do not fret when people succeed in their ways,when they carry out their wicked schemes."
    -Psalm 37:3-7

    ReplyDelete